August 10, 2009

My favorites

This is the Tung I brand instant rice noodle soup in onion flavor. I've been eating this ever since I could remember! The texture of the rice noodles is just right, if you let it soak in boiling hot water for 3 minutes or less. The onion flavor packet is the size of a tea bag, filled with vegetable oil, bits of onion and very heavy in flavor. Last but not least, a packet of white pepper powder is included to give the noodle soup a extra kick in flavor. Some would say that the smell is pungent, but after 30 some odd years, I'd say that it's a favorite of mine! Yes, there is msg in this product, and by having consumed this noodle for 30 years, I didn't mean eating it every single day or even every week. As a child, it was a treat, but as an adult, it serves more as a food of reminiscence.... back to the times when I was just a worry free kid, having the best time living with my grandparents in Taiwan back in the early 70's to the early 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment